I'm having a problem, might be a bug. What should I try before contacting the mods or posting to MetaTalk?
There are a few things you should try before contacting the mods or reporting a bug in MetaTalk.
1. Clear your cache and do a hard refresh. Here are Wikipedia's instructions on how to do this with various browsers.
2. Log out and log back in again.
3. See if the problem persists across multiple computers and/or internet connections and/or browsers if you can.
4. Check to see if you are running browser extensions that may interfere with site features. Try disabling them.
5. Make sure you are allowing googleapis.com and cloudfront.net to run scripts on the site. [Why?]
6. Check to see if you are in Private Browsing mode, which can sometimes cause weird site behaviors.
I get an error saying: 400 Bad Request, Size of a request header field exceeds server limit. What is this?
This is caused by an old version of the "Metafilter Scroll Tag" script. The same old script can also cause intermittent logging out for some browsers. The full error message is: 400 Bad Request - Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. - Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.